If we (the Church) are going to move forward during this time of a worldwide pandemic and unrest, we (Christian Leaders) must become better at being the Spiritual Influencers God has called us to be.
An influencer “inspires or guides the actions of others”. A spiritual influencer aspires to be spiritually mature and then inspires or guides others to develop and exhibit the character and nature of God in daily life. Acts 20:28 ESV says, “Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.”
If the Church is going to move forward, Christian Influencers must do the following:
1. We must first be focused on the things of God. We can't be so easily distracted by the world’s words or actions. So, let us eliminate distractions. “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.” (Phil. 4:8, NIV.)
2. Simplify the things in your life. Then he said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own” (Luke 12:15, NLT).
3. As a Spiritual Leader take responsibility. Let’s not always play the blame game. “Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load” (Gal. 6:4-6, NIV).
4. If you fall behind take a leap of faith ahead. “For we walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Cor. 5:7, ESV).
5. Think ministry first before self-profit. “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” Matt. 6:33, NIV.
6. As God’s chosen, demand excellence in ministry from yourself first for we have to be the first partakers. “In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8 and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us” Titus 2:7, NIV.
7. Be the Spiritual Influencer you are commanded to be in the lives of others. “Teach the older men (Titus 2:2), teach the older women (Titus 2:3), encourage the young men (Titus 2:6).
I REPEAT: If we (the Church) are going to move forward during this time of a worldwide pandemic and unrest, we (Christian Leaders) must become better at being the Spiritual Influencers God has called us to be.