Desirable but Untouchable
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God” (Romans 12:1-2, KJV).
So many times in life, we seek to be a part of something or someone. We want or wish for this thing or this person because we perceive it or him as attractive, useful, or just necessary. I know that many of us dream of being in a relationship or just dream of a better future. We create an image of what we desire most in a partner, a job, with children and a family, and so forth and so on. And as women, we seek harder than any other group.
As Women of God, our priority should be to become desirable to God. We should seek a closer relationship with God. Now I know that to some folk it may seem a little farfetched because we have a hard time seeing that God wants us to be desirable to Him. But if I may be frank, clear, or just plain to the point, God wants us to want to be desirable to him and for him. So let me cut to the chase. When we desire to please or to be desirable to God we should do the following:
1. We stop chasing people and chase the awesomeness of God because we know that chasing people can often be a waste of time.
2. We must focus on God and what he has for our lives.
3. We have to be in control of our emotions. We can't spend all our time moping about everything that has gone wrong in our lives because we know who is in control of our lives. We don't spend time harboring useless emotions and energy knowing that it won't bring progress.
4. We must avoid gossip, and cry baby antics, and use our time being more productive. Gossipers are attention seekers.
5. The Word of God declares in Romans 12:1and 2 that we have to give ourselves over at him as a living sacrifice. We must be holy. We have to be acceptable to God, which is our reasonable service. We cannot conform to this world we but must be transformed by the renewal of our mind.
6. We don't lose ourselves in our own relationships; we lose ourselves in Christ JESUS.
7. We can't allow the life of Christ to be made ashamed; so, we are not to waste time. We are not procrastinators; we are busy doing the work of Him who has sent us, while it is day.
8. We don't entertain idle or mindless addictions. Desirable Women of God have a certain kind of wisdom that comes from God, their life experiences, a plethora of mistakes, and a life full of lessons. OMG, that's me! Sorry. OK.
As we practice the skills listed above, we will be assured that we are desirable Women to God. We will have an impeccable understanding of life and ourselves. As desirable Women of God, we will always be graceful as we grow in the knowledge and the wisdom of God. We will take pride in who we are, whose we are, and why we are. As desirable Women of God, we will fix what we can and won’t waste a lot of time on our shortcomings. As desirable Women of God, we will desire to be more like Christ JESUS. We will be good God communicators and easily win hearts to Christ. We will show genuine compassion to others as God showed to us.
With love and humility, I encourage all of us to seek a desirable relationship with God. See Him as attractive, useful, or just necessary. Dream of a better future with Him. When we create an image of what we desire most in a partner, a job, with children and a family, and so forth and so on – don’t forget to include God. And don’t just develop a desire for Him but practice being desirable to Him. Amen!